Career Service for Junior Researchers
The GAUSS Career Service is a service for all junior researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry and in the life and natural sciences at the Göttingen Campus. Besides offers for career support and advice, the GAUSS Career Service aims at facilitating the networking within the postdoc community in the life and natural sciences as well as the self-organization within and initiatives from the postdoc community.
Offers of the GAUSS Career Services:
- Career development workshops on topics in- and outside of academia (e.g. career orientation and planning, application training, leadership skills, grant writing, self-management)
- Career counseling and advice on topics such as elaborating career and job opportunities, clarifying career goals, developing career strategies, CV and application check, and dealing with work-related challenges (in English or German)
- Career Impulse Sessions on divers career topics and with career talks from natural and life scientists working in divers positions and work fields (academia, industry, politics, and society)
- Organizational and conceptual Support of events and initiatives from the postdoc community
- Publication of event announcements and hints to career information on the GAUSS Career Blog
- Monthly newsletter including event announcements (GAUSS Career Service and relevant events at Göttingen Campus) as well as aggregated information on relevant and upcoming job adverts, funding opportunities and scientific prizes. Please register here.
Please find upcoming and most recent events of the GAUSS Career here.