Facility for Innovative Light Microscopy (FILM)
The broad range of different microscopic technologies provided by the Facility for Innovative Light Microscopy (FILM) is to promote and expand the application of novel strategies for biological imaging. Currently FILM provides several types of confocal and research microscopes. A detailed list of specifications of the individual microscopes is given on this page. The Facility is open to investigators of the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry and the DFG Research Center for Nanoscale Microscopy and Molecular Physiology of the Brain, Cluster of Excellence 171 — DFG Research Center 103 (CNMPB, Cluster of Excellence).
Next FILM Introductory Course: Tuesday, 04.11.2014, 9 am!
Write a mail if you need an Introduction
New confocal microscope Leica TCS SPE: a true point-scanning system with true spectral detection giving excellent quality imaging
General Guidelines (short version)
- The FILM has S1 Level - no consumption of food or drinks.
- Booking of microcopes is mandatory.
- Only registered Users can book a system. Registration follows after passing the mandatory FILM introductory course.
- Booking is only possible for two weeks in advance.
- Booking slots have a maximum length of up to four hours per day.
- Do not book a system „just in-case“ you might have samples.
- Delete your booking as soon as possible if you do not want to use the slot anymore.
- The User who booked the microscope is totally in charge of the system during this time-frame. Any kind of misconduct concerning the microscope will be attributed back to this User (and not the person, that used the microscope instead).
At the end of the imaging session
- Clean everything (objectives, stage, table). Do not use excessive amounts of oil.
- Export your data.
- Fill out the „Logbuch“ which can be found next to the microscope (SP(1), SPE, SP5). Fill in your name, date, time and any comments concerning errors, dirty equipment (e.g. from the user that had the slot before you), etc...
- If no other user is listed after your slot, please switch-off the system (laser, microscope, scanner, fluorescence lamp, PC, etc...).
Please contact us if there are severe problems with a system (hardware or software, or anything else).