School Contact Program (for School Classes)
For many years, scientists at our institute keep close contact with schools. School classes are welcome for site visits, demonstrations, or talks. In our School Contact Program, we have put together presentations, tour offers, and vivid demonstration experiments. The program will not only help to deepen specific scientific topics beyond the scope of the school education.
If you are interested in visiting our institute with your class, please contact the respective department or research group or the public relations office.
Department of Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Talks about the topic:
- How do proteins function? - Biological "nanomachines" at work
- Computer simulations of dynamics and function of biological macromolecules
Phone: +49 551 201-2300
Laboratory of Neurobiology (Reinhard Jahn)
Talks about the topics:
- Molecular processes of the signal transduction between eukaryotic cells
- Neurotransmitter release and -uptake in neurons
- How are proteins transported within the cell? How are proteins secreted and taken up?
- Observing cells from cell culture
- Immunofluorescence microscopy
- Separation of proteins by gel electrophoresis
Phone: +49 551 201-1647
Biomedizinische NMR (Jens Frahm)
Talks and demonstrations to the topics:
- Technique and applications of magnetic resonance tomography
- Brain metabolism and function
Phone: +49 551 201-1720