11th Molecular Biology of Hearing and Deafness conference 2018
- Start: May 16, 2018 08:00
- End: May 19, 2018 14:00
- Speaker: J. Albert, M. Bowl, D.Corey, S. Dawson, A. Edge, R. Fettiplace, B. Fritzsch, L.Goodrich, E. Hashino, M. Hastings, J. Holt, D. Jagger, K. Kindt, H. Kremer, S. Kujawa, B. Malgrange, W. Marcotti, M. Montcouquiol, C. Morton, R. Nouvian, L. Sheets, R. Smith
- Location: Max-Planck-Institut für biophysikalische Chemie (MPIBPC)
- Host: Livia de Hoz , Martin Göpfert, Cynthia Morton, Tobias Moser, Jakob Neef, Tina Pangrsic, Ellen Reisinger, Allen Ryan, Karen Steel, Christian Vogl, Carolin Wichmann, Bernd Wollnik
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This international conference serves the exchange of researchers about the latest developments in the field. Here, besides the identification of so-far unknown deafness genes, new methods of exome- / genome-analysis will be presented. Advances in the identification of gene-function-relationships will be discussed as well as the role of specific genes in the molecular physiology of hearing and in age-dependent hearing loss. Speakers will also cover potential strategies for gene therapy and prepare the transfer of the results from basic research into clinical application. The conference is supported by Collaborative Research Center 889.